I’m Mira, a 22-year old living in London and my website address is: http://113thingstosay.com. For further contact information, feel free to email me: email@example.com
What personal data I collect & why
We may collect information about you when you register for and use the Service. Such information may include “Personally Identifiable Information” which means information that identifies you as an individual, such information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, telephone number, username or account ID, and “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” which means information that does not identify you as an individual. Non-Personally Identifiable Information may include, but is not limited to, information about your browser, your IP address, device ID, what pages you visit on our Partner Sites, which website you came from, what advertisements you clicked on, whether on our Partner Websites, the Service or other third party websites, and other information about your online activity that does not identify you as an individual. The ways in which we collect, use and share both your Personally Identifiable Information and your Non-Personally Identifiable Information are described below.
- Personally Identifiable Information: We collect Personally Identifiable Information about you when you provide such information in connection with the Service such as when you register for the Service or when you send us an email. If you access the Service through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Facebook Connect, Google or Twitter, by “following,” “liking,” or linking your account to the Service, that third party may pass Personally Identifiable Information to us in connection with your account.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may automatically collect and use Non-Personally Identifiable Information when you view and interact with the Service, Partner Sites or third party sites using tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons, log files (described further below in the Cookies and Other Technology section) and other similar technology. Non-Personally Identifiable Information may include, but is not limited to your browser information; device information, including unique device identifies (“UID”); location information, including IP address, GPS information; and other information about your use of the Service, your actions on the Service, Partner Sites, or third party websites , such as information about the content you viewed or interacted with, what pages you clicked on, what images or articles you viewed, whether you clicked on one of the advertisements, date and time information, navigation and click-through information, and other information about your online activity.
We may combine such Non-Personally Identifiably Information with Personally Identifiable Information like your name or email address or other information that could be used to identify you in order to provide you with relevant advertising when visiting or using the Service, Partner Sites, third party websites or to send you email advertisements. We treat this combined information as personally identifiable information.
How We May Use the Information We Collect.
The information that we collect about you, both Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information, may be used by us, or shared by us with third parties, in any manner and for any purpose permitted by law.
We may include combining your, Non-Personally Identifiable Information, such as your IP address, device ID, a unique cookie recognized on your browser, or information associated with such Non-Personally Identifiable information, such as, device location, browsing history, whether collected on the Services, a Partner Site, or a third-party site with your Personally Identifiable Information, such as your email address, whether you provided it to us directly, or to a third party partner we engage . We, or third parties we engage, may use this combined information to send you information and advertisements, including by email, about our products or services or the products or services of third parties.
We may also share this information with third parties for their own marketing purposes, including but not limited to, sending you more relevant advertising emails or offers for goods and services that may interest you. If you do not want us to share your Personally Identifying Information with third parties for their own marketing purposes, you may opt-out here.
We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, account information, and User Content (as defined below) if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order, government request, or subpoena, or to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also access, preserve, and disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, account information, and User Content if we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety, or to investigate fraud.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale or company assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
We may collect and retain any comments or other content you send, post or provide through the Service (“User Content”); we treat this information as Personally Identifiable Information when it is combined and stored with Personally Identifiable Information. In all other cases we treat it as Non-Personally Identifiable Information, even where the User Content itself may identify you.
Following termination or deactivation of your Disqus account, we may retain and continue to use the information we have collected from you, including User Content, indefinitely.
User Content posted to the Service is available to the public and may be viewed and used by others. We are unable to control such uses of your User Content, and by using the Service you assume the risk that your User Content may be viewed and used by third parties. If you do not want people to be able to track or follow your activity through the Service, you can update your privacy settings by clicking this link: change your profile setting . Please note, changing your privacy settings to private means that people cannot follow or track your account or view your comment history, anyone who visits a website where you left a comment, will still be able to see your comment and your profile may still be viewed by others. If you remove User Content from the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
Disqus reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor the User Content you post on the Service. We reserve the right, and Partner Sites also reserve the right, to remove any such information or material for any reason or no reason, including without limitation if in our sole opinion such information or material violates, or may violate, any applicable law or our Terms of Service, or to protect or defend our rights or property or those of any third party. Disqus also reserves the right to remove information upon the request of any third party.
Your Choices Regarding Collection of Your Information.
- Your Account. All registered users may review, update or correct the Personally Identifiable Information provided in their registration or account profile by changing their “user preferences” in their account. To delete your account entirely, please follow these steps . However, you understand and agree that we are not able to remove your Personally Identifiable Information from the records of any third party who has previously been provided with your information .
- Opting Out of Targeted Advertising. We strive to make the Disqus experience as personalized and relevant as possible for all users. In doing so, we may deliver you targeted ads based on information collected on the Service, Partner Sites or other third party sites (as described above).
- Targeted Ads Opt-Out. If you prefer to opt out of targeted advertising (also called interest based advertising) by Disqus, you may do so by clicking on the “opt-out page” link here: opt out page . Our opt-out mechanism is managed through cookies, if you delete cookies from your browser or use a different browser, you will need to opt-out again. Please note that even if you choose to opt-out of targeted advertising from Disqus, you will still see ads from us, they just won’t be targeted to you based on the information derived from your interaction with the Service,Partner Sites or third party sites. The ads you continue to see from us may be selected for you based on information such as your age or gender or other demographic information. Also note, you will still see targeted ads (interest based ads) from third parties. You can opt-out from targeted advertising from third parties in general if they are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), or Participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Ad Choices Tool (DAA) by visiting the respective opt-out pages on the NAI or DAA websites (you may also link to these opt-out pages from the Targeted Ads and Analytics Services section above).
- Opting Out of Our Promotional Emails. Opting Out of Our Promotional Emails. You may opt-out of receiving targeted and other marketing and promotional emails from us at any time by using the opt-out mechanism contained in such emails (also referred to as “unsubscribe”). You may also unsubscribe or manage your email subscription by clicking this link: Manage My Disqus Email Settings. Please note, unsubscribing from Disqus emails will unsubscribe your from Disqus notification emails and Disqus digest emails. You will still receive transactional emails necessary for the Disqus service to function, these include, but may not be limited to, emails confirming you created a new account, emails helping you reset your password etc.
- Declining Cookies. If you do not want to accept our cookies, you can adjust your browser settings to decline cookies. You should note, however, that certain areas of the Site may not operate properly if you decide not to accept cookies.
- Do Not Track. This site does not respond to “do not track” or similar signals.”
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on this site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
How long I retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on this website (if any), I also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data I hold about you, including any data you have provided to me. You can also request that I erase any personal data I hold about you. This does not include any data I am obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where I send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
My contact information
If you have any privacy-specific concerns, feel free to email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About other services